Amazon EC2 Master Class (with Auto Scaling & Load Balancer)
What you will learn
- You'll be able to fully deploy an application on EC2 at the best cost
- You will be able to pick the perfect EC2 Instance for your Application
- You'll be able to fully deploy an application on EC2 with a Load Balancer
- You'll be able to fully deploy an application on EC2 that Auto Scales
- You will know all the moving parts of EC2 and become an EC2 expert
- You will know about some of the most recent EC2 features!
Section 1: Course Introduction
Section 2: Amazon EC2 Basics
Section 3: EC2 Machine Images (AMI)
Section 4: Choosing the right EC2 Instance Type
Section 5: Network and Security in EC2
Section 6: Elastic Load Balancing (ELB)
Section 7: Auto Scaling Groups (ASG)
Section 8: EBS (Elastic Block Stores)
Section 9: EC2 Running Modes (cost saving)
Section 10: Next Steps
Be an AWS EC2 expert. Learn AutoScaling, AWS Load Balancing, EBS Volume, Network, VPC Security Group, EC2 Instance Types
- !! This course only deals with EC2 running Linux, not Windows!!
- Basic Knowledge of AWS is better, but not necessary
- Basic Knowledge of computing / applications is preferred
- Basic Knowledge of Linux is preferred (we'll run a few Linux commands)
- Any Mac / Linux / Windows machine
- Lots of desire to learn new exciting things!
AWS EC2 is the fundamental core component that every AWS Professional should know about.
If you know nothing about EC2 or feel you could learn more, this course if for you!
I guarantee you'll learn something on EC2 you wish you knew all this time.
In this course, we are going to explore in depth, with hands-on lectures, all the components of Amazon EC2, including the most recent components such as Application Load Balancer and newer options for Auto Scaling!
In just a few hours, you will know everything you need to know about EC2 and seamlessly deploy your applications in the best possible way, with the optimal configuration, resiliency, and cost efficiency.
In this course, we are going to put all the concepts learned into action using the Course Companion Application. This application mimics what a real-life application would look like and expose great behaviour for learning!
Amazon EC2 Master Class is the best way to get a great overview of all the possibilities offered by AWS EC2:
> Learn EC2 and master all its concepts
> Go through Hands On examples to practice what we learned with the companion course app
> Learn how to choose the best EC2 Instance Type for your application and workload
> Learn how to properly use the newer Application Load Balancers
> Learn how to properly use the newer policies for Auto Scaling
> Get a great understanding of advanced rules in Security Groups for optimal security
> So much more!
Note: This course assumes you have some knowledge about Linux, and we will not be using Windows EC2 instances.
Stephane Maarek is the instructor of this course. He is an AWS Certified Solutions Architect, and the author of the highly-rated AWS CloudFormation and AWS Lambda course on Udemy. He has already taught to 40000+ students and received 12000+ reviews.
He shares all his AWS knowledge on the platform, taking the time to explain every concept and provide students with both theoretical and practical dimensions. You are in good hands!
- AWS EC2 Course Introduction: Get an understand of the course objectives, how the course is structured, download the course code and get ready!
- Amazon EC2 Basics: Learn the basics of EC2, such as instances, SSH, Security Groups, Private vs Public IPv4, EC2 User Data, and EC2 Pricing
- EC2 Machine Images (AMI): Learn about AMIs, build your own custom AMI for this course that will have our course application ready to go!
- Choosing the right EC2 Instance Type: Learn valuable knowledge into choosing the best EC2 Instance for your application. Learn how CPU, RAM, Network, IO and GPU are used in common applications. Learn about M, T2 instances, and T2 Unlimited. This section is priceless!
- Network and Security in EC2: Learn how to create your perfect security group, properly leveraging CIDR and IP ranges, Security Group to Security Group rules, Elastic IP, and EC2 placement groups.
- Elastic Load Balancing (ELB): Learn the fundamental concepts behind Load Balancing in AWS EC2. Learn about the 3 kind of load balancers available in Amazon EC2, and setup them up properly in hands-on lectures.
- Auto Scaling Groups (ASG): Setup an Auto Scaling Group, directly linked to our Application Load Balancer. Observe manual scaling behaviour. Setup and Configure Auto Scaling for our application using the old and new policies.
- EBS (Elastic Block Stores): Learn what is EBS, the benefits it provides, and the various type of drives you have access to in AWS. Learn how to create them, attach them, resize them, and snapshot your EBS drives.
- EC2 Running Modes (cost saving): Learn the differences between the 4 running modes of EC2: On Demand, Reserved Instances, Spot Instances and Dedicated Hosts.
This Course Also Comes With:
✔ Lifetime Access to All Future Updates
✔ A responsive instructor in the Q&A Section
✔ Links to interesting articles, and lots of good code to base your next template onto
✔ Udemy Certificate of Completion Ready for Download
✔ A 30 Day "No Questions Asked" Money Back Guarantee!
This is the course that could change your AWS skills.
Learning and getting hands-on on AWS EC2 helps you to enhance your career opportunities and helps to boost your income. An investment in your career is an investment in yourself. Don’t procrastinate. There is no time like the present to take charge of your career. Take your career to the next level by learning AWS EC2 today!
Take the course now, completely risk free !
Who this course is for:
- Developers who want to learn about AWS EC2 and how to deploy their applications to it
- DevOps who want to learn how to deploy and maintain EC2 fleets, Auto Scaling Groups and Load Balancers
- Solutions Architect who want to understand how to design and run an application in EC2, fully leveraging all the components and ensuring the cost remains minimal