Amazon EKS Starter: Docker on AWS EKS with Kubernetes
What you will learn
- Deploy an EKS cluster using CloudFormation
- Scale your Kubernetes cluster
- Setup kubectl properly to access your cluster
- Setup administration using the Kubernetes Dashboard
- Deploy a stateless application on EKS and expose it with a public Elastic Load Balancer
- Deploy a stateful application on EKS and bind it with EBS volumes
- Deploy a stateful application (such as Wordpress) with EFS network drives
- Use the AWS CLI & eksctl CLI
Section 1: Course Introduction
Section 2: Setup an AWS EKS cluster
Section 3: EKS in depth
Section 4: Deploy the Kubernetes Dashboard
Section 5: Deploy a stateless sample app
Section 6: Deploy a stateful app - using Amazon EBS
Section 7: Deploy a stateful app - using Amazon EFS
Section 8: Accessing AWS EKS using the CLI
Section 9: Next Steps
Deploy Docker Containers on Kubernetes on AWS EKS: Kubernetes Stateful apps using EBS & EFS, a stateless web app with ELB
- Basic knowledge of Kubernetes is mandatory: API Server, Kubelet, Master & Worker Node, Pods, Deployments, Services, Networking within Kubernetes
- Basic knowledge of AWS is mandatory: VPC, Subnets, IAM, EC2, EBS, Load Balancers, Security Groups
- Basic knowledge of Linux & shell is mandatory
Setting up and maintaining Kubernetes yourself on any cloud provider is painful... but now with Amazon EKS, the management of the Kubernetes control plane is fulled handled by AWS. You will have more time and fun deploying your own applications the same native Kubernetes way you've been knowing all along, on the cloud provider you love... AWS!
Have you learned Kubernetes before but never got the chance to properly try out Amazon EKS? This course is for you!
In this course, we are going to explore the features and setup of Amazon EKS alongside many hands on lectures.
In over 4 hours, you will learn:
- how to deploy your EKS cluster using CloudFormation
- how to scale your Kubernetes cluster
- how to setup kubectl properly to access your cluster
- how EKS works under the hood and its integrations with AWS
- how to setup administration using the Kubernetes Dashboard
- how to deploy a stateless application on EKS and expose it with a public Elastic Load Balancer
- how to deploy a stateful application on EKS and bind it with EBS volumes
- how to deploy a stateful application (such as Wordpress) with EFS network drives
- manage your Kubernetes cluster using the AWS CLI and eksctl CLI
In this course we do not cover the basics of Kubernetes or AWS, and focus solely on the usage of Amazon EKS.
You need to know
- For Kubernetes: Namespaces, Services, Deployments, Volume Claim
- For AWS: VPC, Subnets, IAM, EC2, EBS, Load Balancers, Security Groups
- For Linux: familiarity with Linux and Shell
And then you can confidently take this course!
Gerd Koenig is the lead hands-on instructor of this course. He loves Kubernetes and is amazed by the ease of use of Kubernetes on AWS. He will walk you through all the hands-on and deploy several applications with you!
Stephane Maarek is the lead theory instructor for this course. He is an AWS Certified Solutions Developer, and the author of the highly-rated AWS courses on Udemy. He has already taught to 50000+ students and received 14000+ reviews.
The instructors share all their AWS knowledge on the platform, taking the time to explain every concept and provide students with both theoretical and practical dimensions. You are in good hands!
This Course Also Comes With:
✔ Lifetime Access to All Future Updates
✔ A responsive instructor in the Q&A Section
✔ Full downloadable code to reproduce the hands-on on your machine
✔ Udemy Certificate of Completion Ready for Download
✔ A 30 Day "No Questions Asked" Money Back Guarantee!
This is the course that could change how you use Kubernetes in the AWS Cloud.
Learning and getting hands-on on AWS EKS helps you to enhance your career opportunities and helps to boost your income. An investment in your career is an investment in yourself. Don’t procrastinate. There is no time like the present to take charge of your career. Take your career to the next level by learning AWS EKS today!
Take the course now, completely risk free !
Who this course is for:
- AWS architects, who want to get ready for using Kubernetes on AWS
- Kubernetes users, who are curious how Kubernetes on AWS works
- Everyone who is interested in Kubernetes, AWS and how to use those services