Apache Kafka Series - KSQL on ksqlDB for Stream Processing !
What you will learn
- Learn all the fundamentals of KSQL & ksqlDB
- Create a taxi booking application
- Create Streams, Tables, Generate Data with ksql-datagen
- Advanced Operations: Joins, Windowing, Aggregations, Geospatial
- Deal with all kind of data formats: CSV, JSON & Avro
- Create and use UDF, use UDAF
- Moving KSQL to production with tips
Section 1: Introduction
Section 2: KSQL Setup
Section 3: KSQL Basics
Section 4: KSQL Intermediate
Section 5: KSQL Extensions - UDF & UDAF
Section 6: KSQL in Production
Section 7: Next Steps
Use SQL on Apache Kafka with Confluent ksqlDB! Build an entire taxi booking application based on KSQL stream processing
- Fundamental understanding of Kafka (see beginners course)
- Kafka Streams knowledge is a plus (but not a requirement)
The latest release in the Apache Kafka Series!
Confluent ksqlDB has become an increasingly popular stream processing framework built upon Kafka Streams. It enables developers to write real-time stream processing applications with the ease of SQL. No Kafka Streams knowledge required!
For this course, I have partnered with KSQL expert Simon Aubury to bring you the ultimate KSQL course.
We'll take a project based approach for this course. You'll learn all the most important KSQL features by gradually building a KSQL taxi booking application!
- KSQL Setup
- KSQL Command Line
- Streams with CSV, JSON and AVRO
- Use the KSQL-Datagen utility
- Manipulate streams
- Create Tables
- Perform Joins
- Advanced KSQL: Rekeying, Merging Streams, Windowing, Geospatial
- Extending KSQL: UDF & UDAF
- Moving to Production
- KSQL Operations
Note: To best enjoy this course, a Mac or Linux machine is preferred. Windows users will have special instructions and would be better by leveraging a Linux VM.
You can take this course risk-free and if you don't like it, you can get a refund anytime in the first 30 days!
Stephane Maarek is the co-instructor of this course. He is a Kafka Expert, guest author on the Confluent Blog and Program Committee for the Kafka Summits of 2019 in London, San Francisco and New York. He's the author of the highly-rated Apache Kafka Series on Udemy, having taught already to 90,000+ students and received 26,000+ reviews.
Simon Aubury is the lead instructor of this course. He is a KSQL expert, authored many blogs on the Confluent Blog, and wrote cool KSQL POCs on medium such as detecting in real-time when the heater of his house is left on, or when planes go over his house! He'll be leading you through this course and make sure that everything is properly explained.
We are really excited to bring this course to you today!
This Course Also Comes With:
✔ Lifetime Access to All Future Updates
✔ A responsive instructor in the Q&A Section
✔ Links to interesting articles, and lots of good code to base your next applications onto
✔ Udemy Certificate of Completion Ready for Download
This is the course that could improve your career!
KSQL is a skill in high demand and there are not enough people to fulfill all the open positions. You can boost your income, take on new roles and fun challenges. Many of my students are now the Kafka experts of their companies!
I hope to see you inside the course!
Note: Looking to learn the Apache Kafka basics? then take on Learn Kafka for Beginners v2. Then you'll be ready to take this course afterwards!
Who this course is for:
- Developers who want to learn and write their first KSQL applications
- Architects who want to understand how KSQL fits into their solution architecture
- Anyone looking to learn more about KSQL