Azure DevOps Fundamentals for Beginners
What you will learn
- Create an Azure DevOps organization
- Align Azure DevOps work items using Agile, Scrum, or Basic work processes
- Integrate an Azure DevOps code repository with GitHub
- Fork and clone code using multiple tools
- Understand the basic vocabulary of DevOps: what it is and why it matters
- CI/CD: Understand how Pipelines facilitate Continuous Implementation and Continuous Deployment
- Commit code changes and track Pull Requests
- Push a code Repo from the command line of an Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
Section 1: Azure DevOps for Absolute Beginners
Section 2: Configure Azure Boards
Section 3: Explore Azure Repositories
Section 4: Build and Deploy Code with Azure Pipelines
Section 5: Working with Test Plans and Extensions
Section 6: Conclusion
Learn How to Plan, Manage, and Deploy Your Very First Azure DevOps Application Through Hands-On Demos and Use Cases!
- This course is designed for people *brand new* to DevOps terms and concepts
- Understanding the fundamentals of cloud-based computing is helpful
- Understanding the fundamentals of Git-based code workflows is helpful, but not required
- Context is given along the way; the course includes multiple downloadable quick reference guides
Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, Cisco, Tesla, Workday... what do all these great companies have in common?
They all use DevOps to continuously build and release software. (Don't take my word for it; stop reading now and go put "devops" into a LinkedIn job search.)
In this Azure DevOps Fundamentals course, Microsoft Certified Trainer and bestselling Udemy instructor Brian Culp guides students on a hands-on tour of Azure DevOps -- Microsoft's cloud-based, open-source tool to help organizations manage development teams, code, and application deployments.
Best of all, Brian understands that students taking a Fundamentals course may not yet be familiar with all the vocabulary. This course makes no assumptions about prior exposure to the overwhelming set of terms and technologies that are part of the DevOps landscape... terms like Agile, Scrum, VS Code, App Containers, Commits, Code Requests, Sprints, Unit Testing, Code Artifacts, and literally dozens of others that live at the place where your Development and Operations teams meet.
In Azure DevOps Fundamentals for Beginners, we take one small step at a time in our journey. It's not a data dump. Instead, the course provides each building block the proper context at the time it's needed. In addition, you'll build your understanding with hands-on guidance using the essential Azure DevOps tools: Boards, Repos, Pipelines, and Test Plans.
Everything that needs a definition is defined along the way.
Brian has been teaching people about Microsoft solutions for over 15 years, and some of his courses have been selected by Microsoft as their official training for Office 365 Administrators. Now, he brings that same expertise to some of the highest-rated courses on Udemy.
There's a reason for the hundreds of five-star reviews.
"Excellent content! Just what I was looking for to enhance productivity at the office." -Paige Popejoy
"Great personality and explained things well. Felt like he was at my desk explaining it to me." -William Potts
"I can't believe how much I learned. The instructor is great and the lessons were so easy to follow." Sherie L.
"Very precise, clear and constructive." -Forent Sidler
"Perfect." -Yvonne Belo
Azure DevOps Fundamentals for Beginners is perfect for IT professionals who have heard the term DevOps, but want some hands-on experience, or for project managers and product owners who want to better understand a CI/CD workflow used by development teams.
It's even great for the stone-cold noobs out there (we all are at one point, after all) who just want to be able to see if DevOps might be a good career fit.
You'll learn by watching and listening, but you'll also learn by doing. By the second lesson, you'll have configured your first DevOps organization. By the time you've finished, you'll have deployed an app into an Azure container, and will have gained additional confidence and expertise about topics like these:
- Managing dev teams using Azure Boards
- Mapping work items to your organization's Agile or Scrum processes
- Setting up Git-based workflows in Azure Repos
- Connecting to existing code repos in GitHub
- Building code every time a commit is saved to a Master branch
- Deploying a new code artifact when new builds are ready
- Performing tests of code using Azure Test Plans
- Plus confidence to integrate other tools (Docker, Maven, etc) into your team's DevOps implementation
Best of all, you become more valuable as companies all over the world scramble - and compete - for workers who understand DevOps. (You did do that LinkedIn search, correct?)
And as always, you get ongoing support. (Brian and the team answers all student questions, usually within one business day). Plus, you're always covered by Udemy's refund policy.
Enroll now, and discover where your own DevOps journey can lead. See you in class!
Who this course is for:
- IT professionals who have heard the term DevOps, but want some hands-on experience
- Project managers and Product Owners who want to oversee a CI/CD workflow
- System operations personnel who want to leverage DevOps tools into their deployments
- Developers who want to understand the possibilities of code deployment with DevOps
+ See more