Comprehensive Ruby Programming
What you will learn
- Build programs in the Ruby programming language
- Know how to work with the Ruby syntax
- Create custom algorithms
- Work with loops and iterators
- Learn object oriented programming
- Work with OOP inheritance
- Start building real life programs in Ruby
Section 1: Ruby Introduction
Section 2: Ruby Variables
Section 3: Ruby Strings
Section 4: Working with Numbers in Ruby
Section 5: Methods in Ruby
Section 6: Ruby Iterators and Loops
Section 7: Ruby Collections
Section 8: Ruby Conditionals
Section 9: Object Oriented Programming
Section 10: Working with the file system in Ruby
Section 11: Error handling in Ruby
Section 12: Regular Expressions in Ruby
Section 13: Searching with grep
Section 14: Ruby Gems
Section 15: Metaprogramming
Section 16: Web frameworks
Section 17: Working with APIs
Section 18: Ruby Algorithms
Section 19: Big data analysis
Section 20: Additional Tools
Section 21: Ruby Hashes
Section 22: Ruby CLI Tools
Learn how to program in the Ruby programming language, starting from scratch and moving to advanced coding techniques.
- This course starts at the beginning with how to install Ruby and work with it on multiple machines, so simply have a computer that's connected to the Internet and you'll be ready.
Course updated September 2018: Addition of new Ruby 2.5 hash videos along with a new section on the Ruby CLI.
Coding has become one of the most critical skills you can have for furthering your career. Whether you are an experienced developer who wants to learn a new language or you are new to programming, this course can be your comprehensive Ruby coding guide. Starting with the foundational principles such as syntax and scaling up to advanced topics like metaprogramming and big data analysis, I wanted to create a curriculum that will give you all of the tools you need to be a professional Ruby developer. A few of the key topics that you will learn in this course are:
- Object oriented programming
- Built in Ruby methods
- Core programming skills
- Custom algorithm development
- Big data analysis
- Using Ruby Gem libraries
- Regular Expressions
- Ruby programming best practices
- An introduction to the Ruby on Rails and Sinatra web frameworks
- Building 10 Ruby programs that solve complex Project Euler mathematical equations
- And much more!
With over a decade of real world development experience, I have engineered this curriculum to ensure it focuses on the skills you will need to be a professional Ruby developer. Each section has an interactive quiz to ensure you are understanding the material and you also will be given access to the source code for each lesson. After you have completed all of the videos and quizzes you will be given a certificate of completion in Comprehensive Ruby Programming and you will be ready to start building real world Ruby projects. Finally, in addition to the video lectures and quizzes, I will also be your code mentor throughout the course and will walk you through any challenges that you may face.
Who this course is for:
- This is a comprehensive course for learning the Ruby programming language. It's required to have a firm knowledge of Ruby prior to building web applications with frameworks such as Rails and Sinatra and this will give you the tools necessary to become a developer.