Data Visualisation with Plotly and Python
What you will learn
At the end of this course you'll be able to use Plotly to make interactive line plots, area plots and scatterplots.
You'll know how to make stacked and grouped bar charts, pie charts, donut charts and tables.
You'll also be able to bring together several different charts into a dashboard.
You'll have a working knowledge of the Python programming language, as well as an intermediate knowledge of the Pandas data analysis library.
Section 1: Setting up your programming environment
Section 2: Introduction to Python
Section 3: Lineplots and Area Plots
Section 4: Styling your charts
Section 5: Scatterplots
Section 6: Styling your charts (2)
Section 7: Bar Charts
Section 8: Making our first dashboard
Section 9: Styling your charts (3)
Section 10: Pie charts
Section 11: Tables
Section 12: Dashboards
Level up your data visualisation. Learn to create interactive charts and dashboards with Python and Plotly.
- You should have access to a computer onto which you can install software.
- You should have an interest in data visualisation.
Looking to level up your data visualisation skills? Bored of dull, static charts and graphs? This course will teach you to how to use Python to create awesome, interactive data visualisations with the Plotly library.
You get immediate access to twelve painstakingly crafted and researched chapters, each designed to level up your data visualisation and coding skills. Using my experience as a data visualisation specialist and teacher, I've created original content that uses real-world data to teach you the fundamentals of data visualisation in a clear and easy-to-understand way.
You'll find this course interesting, fun and engaging. The lessons are paced to build confidence in the skills you're learning, and there are plenty of quizzes and practise activities to solidify your knowledge.
Here's what you get with Data Visualisation with Plotly and Python
- Access to twelve chapters which take you through each topic, providing plenty of chances to practise.
- Over 140 Lectures, 27 hours of video content, 40 practise datasets and 11 quizzes
- Step by step instruction to set up your coding environment and install the required software
- The course starts with the basics; the first section will give you a basic understanding of the Python coding language. and you'll soon be making some interactive charts!
Over the twelve chapters you'll:
- Use Plotly to create:
- Stacked bar charts
- Grouped bar charts
- Pie charts
- Bring together everything you've learnt to create three awesome dashboards which showcase your work.
- Learn how to use colour, interaction and design principles to make your charts really stand out.
- Build a portfolio of charts that you can use to show off your data visualisation skills.
- Develop your knowledge of Python and become a confident user of Pandas; the go-to data analysis tool for Python coders.
What else will you get?
- Personal contact with me - I'll personally answer all of your queries
- Lifetime access to the course materials
So what are you waiting for? Level up your data visualisation skills, transform your career and sign up now!
Who this course is for:
- The ideal student for this course is a business analyst who uses tools such as Excel to create static charts and graphs, and who wants to improve the quality and accessibility of their outputs.