Dramatic Black and White Photography in the Digital Age
What you will learn
You will understand the core principles behind b&w conversion and successfully apply them in your own artwork using a whole range of the most powerful and flexible b&w conversion techniques
You will learn how to evaluate tonal range in your images with the Histogram Tool and use it as a basic reference in your workflow
You will master the most effective and flexible Photoshop tool in terms of photo editing - The Curves Tool
You will learn how to fix common issues in photographs such as "flat" images, washed out sky, eyes in the shadow, low contrast, lack of definition, lack of details and texture
You will learn how to blend multiple adjustments in a seamless way in one image with help of masking techniques
You will be working in "non-destructive" way with Adjustment Layers to massively speed up your workflow
You will gain understanding of how RGB additive color model works and apply this knowledge in your work
You will learn useful techniques to pick out details and in an intelligent way sharpen selected areas within the frame
You will learn how to massively improve your images by applying targeted adjustments in a few simple steps
You will achieve stunning results with your images and develop your artistic skills
Section 1: Introduction
Section 2: Everything You always wanted to know about B&W
Section 3: Simple One Step B&W Conversion Techniques
Section 4: Basic Photo Editing Tools to Evaluate your Images
Section 5: Advanced B&W Conversion Techniques
Section 6: Master the Most Powerful Editing Tools to Enhance Your Images
Section 7: "Hands-on" Full Edits explained step by step
Section 8: Thank You!
- Ideally Photoshop CC, trial free version is more than enough. If you have very old Photoshop version - Photoshop CS2 you still will be able to work with most of the techniques, apart from the Black&White Tool, since it was introduced in Photoshop CS3
- No prior knowledge of Photoshop is necessary, I will explain all the techniques in a simple way
- We will work with high quality images provided as supplementary materials to help you move on even faster!
Are you a black and white photography lover? Immerse yourself in the timeless, cinematic world of black and white images. Gain understanding of the black and white principles - learn why certain images are successful when converted to monochrome while others are suddenly losing their initial impact.
"Seeing in black and white" is essential to produce meaningful, impressive black and white photographs. If you have tried to simply turn your colour images to monochrome by hitting a single button on your computer, you were most probably disappointed with the results. Black and white photography is an art. The creative process it involves is an unique journey that unfolds as you progress along the path. We have designed the "Dramatic Black and White Photography in the Digital Age" course as a map to help you move with confidence and avoid common pitfalls. We know from our own experience how frustrating Photoshop work can be if you play the "trial and error" game.
To start with - this course is packed with high quality supporting materials (14 high resolution TIFF files), they are downloadable and ready for you to use and speed up the learning process. The "hands-on" tutorial part of the course is based on the provided image base, you don't have to waste time searching for suitable images.
By following along the complete, explained step by step edits you will discover all the ins and outs of the professional black and white creative process. We will teach you how to work effectively, in a non-destructive way, how to take intelligent creative decisions and get the results you always dreamed of.
Join this course, download the supporting files and experience the magic of black and white universe!
Who this course is for:
- Take this course if you love photography
- Take this course if you are fascinated with the timeless beauty of black and white images
- Take this course if you want to create b&w conversions like a pro!
- Take this course if you want to learn in detail powerful and flexible Photoshop techniques to improve your photos
- Take this course if you are curious about techniques behind dramatic black and white photographs
- Take this course if you are an artist and would like to introduce digital techniques in your creative process
- Take this course if you want to learn how to create digital artwork that sells well on image stocks like Sutterstock, iStock, Alamy and others - b&w vintage style is now more trendy than ever!
- Take this course if you want to develop artistic skills in fields of creative photo processing