Google Tag Manager (GTM) Advanced Applications
What you will learn
What you'll learn
- Advanced uses of Google Tag Manager.
- Track user interaction with Vimeo Videos on your site.
- How to use Data Layers.
- How to use custom events.
- Track Vimeo Video interactions in Google Analytics.
- Detect Ad Blockers and show a message to users who block the ads.
- Send values to Custom Dimensions in Google Analytics using Ad Blocker as an example.
- Track and Create Universal User-Id view in Google Analytics
- Integrate CRM Data with Google Analytics Data
Section 1: Introduction
Section 2: Fundementals
Section 3: Various Tags in GTM
Section 4: Whats Next?
Learn advanced application of Google Tag Manager (GTM) beyond basic Google Analytics tracking
- Google Tag Manager basics
So you have learned how to use Google Tag Manager. Now you are ready to learn some advanced use cases beyond basic Google Analytics, AdWords or Facebook pixel tracking. In this course I will cover the following advanced topics.
- Understanding & using Data Layers
- Understanding and using Custom HTML tags in Google Tag Manager
- Using data layers to push dynamic values and trigger Google Tag Manager
- Track Vimeo Video interactions.
- Trigger message to users using Ad Blockers - really useful for ad supported sites.
- Pass values to Google Analytics Custom Dimensions using Google Tag Manager
- Track Ad Blockers in Google Analytics
- Track Universal Analytics User ID using true user id from your back end e.g CRM, database etc. and learn how to create special User-Id view in Google Analytics
- Integrate CRM database with Google Analytics for segmentation and Adwords Remarketing list.
- Write and read first party cookie using Google Tag Manager
- Getting Query Parameters from URL to use them in Tags or Triggers
- Many more will be added.
If a topic is not listed below then it is not currently in the course. I will add more examples based on student feedback.
Why should you learn from me:
Why you should learn from me?
I have been in Digital Marketing and Analytics for over 15 years. I have trained people from diverse backgrounds and have converted them into high performing Digital Marketers and Analysts. I understand both the technology and marketing side of business. I have dealt with many analytics technologies way before Google Tag manager existed and know the inner working of Digital Analytics.
In addition, I have developed various course and taught students from all over the world. I am online instructor for University of British Columbia (Canada), University of Washington (USA), Bellevue College (USA) and Digital Analytics Association.
I have an engineering degrees and an MBA.
Who this course is for:
- Anybody who wants to take Google Tag Manager skills to next level
Show moreShow less