gRPC C# Master Class: Build Modern API & Microservices
What you will learn
- Learn the gRPC theory to understand how gRPC works
- Compare gRPC and REST API paradigm
- Write your gRPC service definition in .proto files
- Generate Server & Client Code in C# using the protoc gRPC Plugin
- Implement Unary, Server Streaming, Client Streaming & Bi-Directional Streaming API
- Practice your learning with Exercises & Solutions
- Implement advanced concepts such as Error Handling, Deadlines & SSL Security
- Implement a full CRUD API on top of MongoDB
- Get pointers to expand your learning journey and get inspired by real world gRPC services
Section 1: gRPC Course Overview
Section 2: [Theory] gRPC Internals Deep Dive
Section 3: [Hands-On] gRPC Project Overview & Setup
Section 4: [Hands-On] gRPC Unary
Section 5: [Hands-On] gRPC Server Streaming
Section 6: [Hands-On] gRPC Client Streaming
Section 7: [Hands-On] gRPC Bi-Directional Streaming
Section 8: [Hands-On] gRPC Advanced Features Deep Dive
Section 9: [Hands-On] CRUD API with MongoDB
Section 10: Next Steps
Better than REST API! Build a fast scalable HTTP/2 API for a .NET micro service with gRPC, Protocol Buffers (protobuf)
- Good Understanding of C# Programming Language
- Good Understanding of Protocol Buffers
gRPC is a new and modern framework for building scalable, modern and fast API. It is leveraged by many top tech companies such as Google, Square & Netflix and enables programmers to write micro-services in any language they want while keeping the ability to easily create communications between these services. It relies on Protocol Buffers for the transport mechanism and Service Definition language.
In this course, we are going to explore in-depth, with hands-on lectures, all the aspects to get started with gRPC.
This course is hands-on and you will implement two services: Greet and a Calculator Service.
In just a few hours, you will know everything you need to know to write your .proto files, generate code in your Favourite Programming, and implement your services, servers, and client in .NET. There will be plenty of hands-on lectures and exercises for you to practice your newly acquired skills.
It's time to say goodbye to slow and clunky REST API, and opt-in for a better API framework.
gRPC C# Master Class is the best way to get a great overview of all the possibilities offered by gRPC with your favorite language
> Learn the gRPC theory to understand how gRPC works
> Compare gRPC and REST API paradigm
> Write your gRPC service definition in .proto files
> Generate Server & Client Code in C# using the Gradle gRPC plugin
> Implement Unary, Server Streaming, Client Streaming & Bi-Directional Streaming API
> Practice your learning with Exercises & Solutions
> Implement advanced concepts such as Error Handling, Deadlines & SSL Security
> Implement a full CRUD API on top of MongoDB
> Get pointers to expand your learning journey and get inspired by real-world gRPC services
Note: This course expects you have some preliminary knowledge about Protocol Buffers and C# and .NET .
Stephane Maarek is an instructor of this course. He is the author of highly successful courses such as Apache Kafka Series and AWS Series. He is passionate about micro-services and data. He has already taught to 160000+ students and received 50000+ reviews.
Paulo Dichone is an instructor of this course. He is a Software Engineer, a teacher, and the author of highly rated Development courses on Udemy. He has already taught over 90,000 students online and received over 10,000 reviews. Students love his teaching methodology which is heavy on hands-on, project-based approaches.
- gRPC Course Overview: Get an understand of the course objectives, how the course is structured, download the course code and get ready!
- [Theory] gRPC Internals Deep Dive: Learn how gRPC works behind the scenes. Learn about HTTP/2, Protocol Buffers efficiencies, and the differences of gRPC and REST.
- [Hands-On] gRPC Project Overview & Setup: Setup your project using Gradle and learn how to trigger code generation
- [Hands-On] gRPC Unary: API description & implementation
- [Hands-On] gRPC Server Streaming: API description & implementation
- [Hands-On] gRPC Client Streaming: API description & implementation
- [Hands-On] gRPC Bi-Directional Streaming: API description & implementation
- [Hands-On] gRPC Advanced Features Deep Dive: Advanced features such as Error Handling, Deadlines, SSL Security.
- Next Steps: Some useful real-world links & where to take your learning from here
This Course Also Comes With:
✔ Lifetime Access to All Future Updates
✔ A responsive instructor in the Q&A Section
✔ Links to interesting articles, and lots of good code to base your next template onto
✔ Udemy Certificate of Completion Ready for Download
✔ A 30 Day "No Questions Asked" Money Back Guarantee!
This is the course that could change your API skills.
Learning and getting hands-on on gRPC helps you to enhance your career opportunities and helps to boost your income. An investment in your career is an investment in yourself. Don’t procrastinate. There is no time like the present to take charge of your career. Take your career to the next level by learning GRPC today!
Take the course now, completely risk-free!
Who this course is for:
- Developers who want to understand how to write gRPC Services and Clients in C#
- Architects who want to understand how gRPC works and the concepts behind the different types of API