Introduction to Apache NiFi (Hortonworks DataFlow - HDF 2.0)
What you will learn
- Install and configure Apache NiFi
- Design Apache NiFi Architecture
- Master core functionalities like FlowFile, FlowFile Processor, Connection, Flow Controller, Process Groups, etc.
- Use NiFi to stream Data between different systems at scale
- Monitor Apache NiFi
- Integrate NiFi with Apache Kafka
- Integration NiFi with MongoDB
Section 1: Introduction to NiFi and first concepts
Section 2: Hands On: Getting Started with NiFi
Section 3: Apache NiFi in depth
Section 4: Annexes
Apache NiFi - An Introductory Course to Learn Installation, Basic Concepts and Efficient Streaming of Big Data Flows
- Understand the basic concepts of big data and fast data technology to take this course
- Good to have knowledge about Linux command line
- Installing Java 8 for the Hands-On
Apache NiFi (Hortonworks DataFlow) is an innovative technology to build data flows and solve your streaming challenges?
In today's big data world, fast data is becoming increasingly important. Streaming data at scale and rapidly between all your systems should be centralised, automated and resilient to failure to ensure good delivery to your downstream systems.
With NiFi, you can build all your flows directly from a UI, no coding required, and at scale!
Apache NiFi initially used by the NSA so they could move data at scale and was then open sourced. Being such a hot technology, Onyara (the company behind it) was then acquired by Hortonworks, one of the main backers of the big data project Hadoop and then Hadoop Data Platform.
Apache NiFi is now used in many top organisations that want to harness the power of their fast data by sourcing and transferring information from and to their database and big data lakes. It is a key tool to learn for the analyst and data scientists alike. Its simplicity and drag and drop interface make it a breeze to use!
You can build streaming pipelines between Kafka and ElasticSearch, an FTP and MongoDB, and so much more! Your imagination is the limit
Quick Overview Of Course Content
This course will take you through an introduction of the Apache NiFi technology.
With a mix of theory lessons and hands-on labs, you'll get started and build your first data flows.
You will learn how to set up your connectors, processors, and how to read your FlowFiles to make most of what NiFi offer.
The most important configuration options will be demonstrated so you will be able to get started in no time.
We will also analyse a template picked from the web and understand how to debug your flows as well as route your data to different processors based on outcomes through relationships.
We will finally learn about the integrations between NiFi and Apache Kafka or MongoDB. Lots of learning ahead!
Why I should take this course?
- With over 1.5 hours of videos and over 15 classes, you will get a great understand of Apache NiFi in no time!
- You will learn how to install and configure Apache NiFi to get started
- You will learn Apache NiFI Architecture and Core Concepts
- The core concepts like FlowFile, FlowFile Processor, Connection, Flow Controller, Process Groups etc.
- You will learn how to use Apache NiFi Efficiently to Stream Data using NiFi between different systems at scale
- You will also understand how to monitor Apache NiFi
- Integrations between Apache Kafka and Apache NiFi!
- Questions can also be asked on the forum and instructor is keen to answer those in timely manner
Students Loved this course
Ashish Ranjan says “Great Course to get started with Nifi. Also, the instructor is very helpful and answers all your questions. I would highly recommend it. Great Job.” (Rated with 5 star)
Luca Costa says “It was very interesting and now I have an Idea how to start my project :) Thank you” (Rated with 5 star)
Aaron Gong says “Very clear and well instructed, first section is the most important, why use Nifi and for what purpose it is better suited for…” (Rated with 5 star)
I am sure that you will walk away with a great enterprise skill and start solving your streaming challenges!
Stephane Maarek is the instructor of this course. He loved NiFi and data engineering. He's the author of the highly-rated Apache Kafka Series on Udemy, having taught already to 40,000+ students and received 12,000+ reviews.
You also have lifetime access to the course and 30 days’ money back guarantee, so click on “Enroll Now” button now and see you inside the course!
Who this course is for:
- Beginners who want to get started on learning Apache NiFi
- Architects who want to get an overview of Apache NiFi