Introduction to Natural Language Processing (NLP)
What you will learn
Work with text data using the Natural Language Tool Kit.
Load and manipulate custom text data.
Analyze text to discover, sentiment, important keywords, and statistics.
Section 1: Course Introduction
Section 2: Setup
Section 3: Python Refresher
Section 4: NLTK and the Basics
Section 5: Tokenization , Tagging, Chunking
Section 6: Custom Sources
Section 7: Projects
Learn how to analyse text data.
- A computer is running Windows, OS X, or Linux.
- Basic Python programming knowledge.
This course introduces Natural Language Processing through the use of python and the Natural Language Tool Kit. Through a practical approach, you'll get hands-on experience working with and analysing text.
As a student of this course, you'll get updates for free, which include lecture revisions, new code examples, and new data projects.
By the end of this course, you will:
- Have an understanding of how to use the Natural Language Tool Kit.
- Be able to load and manipulate your text data.
- Know how to formulate solutions to text-based problems.
- Know when it is appropriate to apply solutions such as sentiment analysis and classification techniques.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone who is not familiar with Natural Language Processing and is looking for a way to start.
- This course is probably not for you if you already have an understanding of Natural Language Processing and the Natural Language Tool Kit.