Learn Java Functional Programming with Lambdas & Streams
What you will learn
- You will learn to write great Java code with Functional Programming
- You will solve a number of Java Puzzles and Exerices using Functional Programming
- You will learn the Fundamentals of Functional Programming - Lambda Expressions, Method References, Streams and Functional Interfaces
- You will learn about intermediate and terminal Stream operations - map, reduce, forEach, filter, distinct, sorted
- You will learn about a variety of Functional Interfaces - Predicate, Consumer, Supplier, BinaryOperator and Function
- You will learn to simplify your Java code to play with List and Map using Functional Programming
- You will learn to play with Java Files and Threads using Functional Programming
- You will learn some fundamentals of Functional Programming - Behavior Parameterization and Higher Order Functions
- You will Join 300,000 Learners having AMAZING LEARNING Experiences with in28Minutes
Section 1: Introduction to the Course
Section 2: Introduction to Functional Programming with Java
Section 3: Playing with Streams
Section 4: Exploring Java Functional Interfaces and Lambdas
Section 5: Java Functional Programming with Custom Classes
Section 6: Playing with Java Functional Programming
Section 7: Playing further with Java Functional Programming
Section 8: Functional Programming makes Java Easy
Learn Java Functional Programming with Lambdas & Streams. Solve Java Functional Programming Puzzles & Exercises.
- You have an attitude to learn while having fun :)
- You have some programming experience with Java
- You DO NOT need to have any experience with Functional Programming
- We will help you install Eclipse and Java
Wanna start playing with Functional Programming in Java and Learn Streams and Lambdas? Want to write awesome Java code with Functional Programming using Streams, Lambda Expressions, Functional Interfaces, and Method References? Want to make your Java Programs more performant and parallelizable using Functional Programming?
Functional Programming is an essential skill for Java Programmers today.
Are you ready to learn about Functional Programming and take the next step in your programming career?
Do you want to join 300,000+ learners having Amazing Learning Experiences with in28Minutes?
Look No Further!
******* Course Overview *******
Functional Programming was introduced into Java in Java 8. Additional Functional Programming Enhancements were introduced in Java 9.
In this hands-on course, we will learn to write amazing Java code with Functional Programming. You will learn the basics of Java Functional Programming - Lambda Expressions, Method References, Streams and Functional Interfaces.
This course would be a perfect first step as an introduction to Functional Programming with Java.
You will be using Eclipse (Java IDE) in this course. We will help you set up each one of these.
******* What You Can Expect from Every in28Minutes Course *******
in28Minutes created 25 Best Selling Courses providing Amazing Learning Experiences to 300,000 Learners across the world.
Each of these courses come with
✔ Amazing Hands-on Step By Step Learning Experiences
✔ Real Project Experiences using the Best Tools and Frameworks
✔ Awesome Troubleshooting Guides with 200+ FAQs Answered
✔ Friendly Support in the Q&A section
✔ Free Udemy Certificate of Completion on Completion of Course
~~~ Here are a Few Reviews on The in28Minutes Way ~~~
★★★★★ Excellent, fabulous. The way he has prepared the material and the way he teaches is really awesome. What an effort .. Thanks a million
★★★★★ A lot of preparation work has taken place from the teacher and this is visible throughout the course.
★★★★★ This guy is fantastic. Really. Wonderful teaching skills, and goes well out of his way to make sure that everything he is doing is fully understood. This is the kind of tutorial that gets me excited to work with a framework that I may otherwise not be.
★★★★★ The best part of it is the hands-on approach that the author maintained throughout the course as he had promised at the beginning of the lecture. He explains the concepts really well and also makes sure that there is not a single line of code you type without understanding what it really does.
★★★★★ I also appreciate the mind and hands approach to teaching something and then having the student apply it. It makes everything a lot clearer for the student and uncovers issues that we will face in our project early.
★★★★★ Amazing course. Explained super difficult concepts (that I have spent hours on the internet finding a good explanation) in under 5 minutes.
Start Learning Now. Hit the Enroll Button!
~~~ Step By Step Details ~~~
Introduction to the Course
- Step 01: Functional Programming with Java - Course Overview
- Step 02: Functional Programming with Java - Exploring Github Repo and Installations
Introduction to Functional Programming with Java
- Step 01: Getting Started with Functional Programming with Java
- Step 02: Writing Your First Java Functional Program
- Step 03: Improving Java Functional Program with filter
- Step 04: Using Lambda Expression to enhance your Functional Program
- Step 05: Do Functional Programming Exercises with Streams, Filters and Lambdas
- Step 06: Using map in Functional Programs - with Exercises
- Step 07: Quick Review of Functional Programming Basics
Playing with Streams
- Step 01: Learning Stream Operations - Calculate Sum using reduce
- Step 02: Playing with reduce
- Step 03: Exploring Streams with Puzzles in JShell
- Step 04: Do Functional Programming Exercises with Streams and reduce
- Step 05: Learn Stream Operations - distinct and sorted
- Step 06: Using Comparators to Sort Streams with sorted
- Step 07: Collecting Stream Elements to List using collect
- Step 08: Reviewing Streams - Intermediate and Stream Operations
Exploring Java Functional Interfaces and Lambdas
- Step 01: Getting Started with Functional Interfaces - Predicate, Consumer and Function
- Step 02: Do Exercises with Functional Interfaces - BinaryOperator
- Step 03: Doing Behavior Parameterization with Functional Programming
- Step 04: Do Exercise with Behavior Parameterization
- Step 05: Exploring Supplier and UnaryOperator Functional Interfaces
- Step 06: Exploring BiPredicate, BiFunction, BiConsumer, and Primitive Functional Interfaces
- Step 07: Playing Puzzles with Functional Interfaces and Lambdas
- Step 08: Exploring Method References with Java
Java Functional Programming with Custom Classes
- Step 01: Creating Custom Class Course with some Test Data
- Step 02: Playing with allMatch, noneMatch and anyMatch
- Step 03: Sorting courses with sorted and creating Comparators
- Step 04: Playing with skip, limit, takeWhile and dropWhile
- Step 05: Finding top, max and min courses with max, min, findFirst and findAny
- Step 06: Playing with sum, average and count
- Step 07: Grouping courses into Map using groupingBy
Playing with Java Functional Programming
- Step 01: Creating Streams using Stream of method and for Arrays
- Step 02: Creating Streams for First 100 Numbers, Squares of Numbers and More
- Step 03: Doing Big Number calculations with BigInteger
Playing further with Java Functional Programming
- Step 01: Joining Strings with joining and Playing with flapMap
- Step 02: Creating Higher-Order Functions
- Step 03: FP and Performance - Intermediate Stream Operations are Lazy
- Step 04: Improving Performance with Parallelization of Streams
Functional Programming makes Java Easy
- Step 01: Modifying lists with replaceAll and removeIf
- Step 02: Playing with Files using Functional Programming
- Step 03: Playing with Threads using Functional Programming
- Step 04: Using Functional Programming in Java Applications
Start Learning Now. Hit the Enroll Button!
Who this course is for:
- You are a Java Developer wanting to learn about Functional Programming
- You are a Java Developer and would like to discover a new approach to parallelizing your code