Photoshop In-Depth: Master all of Photoshop's Tools Easily
What you will learn
- Master the various Photoshop tools and describe how they are used in Photoshop.
- Use the many tools in Photoshop and adjust their settings and options.
- Describe the applications in which you would use certain tools.
- Use tools in conjunction with one another.
Section 1: Introduction to Photoshop's Tools
Section 2: Selection Tools
Section 3: Cropping, Sampling, and Measuring
Section 4: Photo Corrections
Section 5: Brushing
Section 6: Stamps, History, and Erasing
Section 7: Gradient and Paint Bucket
Section 8: More Digital Darkroom Tools
Section 9: Pen and Type Tools
Section 10: Shape, Hand, and Zoom Tools
Learn the many tools in Adobe Photoshop with in-depth lectures that explain the tool uses, options + modes in Photoshop.
- Students need a copy of Adobe Photoshop (preferably Creative Cloud). A free trial would work as well.
January 2020 course updated: I added a quick video about Photoshop 2020 update on constrain proportions when resizing smart objects, photos, type layers, and shape layers.
Course updated: Object Selection tool added for Photoshop 2020 update.
Two-part series on Select and Mask Technique added for more accurate selection of hair.
In this Photoshop course, I introduce, explain, and demonstrate the various tools in Photoshop. Every single tool is covered, with the exception of 3D tools. I also go over the various ways to make selections in Photoshop, including techniques that do not use a tool. Advanced modes and options are also covered. By the time you've finished this course, you will be an expert at Photoshop's tools. However, some students may option not to complete the entire course and instead use this as a reference to learn about specific tools. If that's the case, jump around to which tool you have questions about, even though you might be missing some helpful content by not completing all the lectures. The lectures are ordered in the order they are located in the Tools panel.
Students can follow along in Photoshop and practice adjusting the various tools’ options and use them in conjunction with each other, whether it’s the Type Tools, the Pen Tools, or the Shape Tools, or digital darkroom tools like the Clone Stamp Tool, the Sponge Tool, and so on.
There are 11 lectures on the various selection tools. This could normally be a course by itself, but it is included as one section in this course. If you complete this course, you will be an expert at making selections in Photoshop!
I have years of experience using Photoshop, including doing web and advertising design at a newspaper, an advertising design firm, a library system, and freelance work for about two decades. I’ve also been managing editor at two international graphic design magazines (helping run Photoshop World in Las Vegas), and I’m currently a full-time professor of graphic design and digital media. I’ve taken classes on digital production and design during my undergraduate and graduate work.
Enroll today and let’s learn about Photoshop’s tools and their neat uses and effects.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners to Photoshop as well as more advanced users would benefit from taking this course.
- Anyone interested in learning more about Photoshop's tools.
- Anyone who wants to use Photoshop to create and explore their inner artist!
- Anyone wanting to learn more about Photoshop's tools in order to pursue web design, app design, photo editing, and so on.