Programming for Complete Beginners in C#
What you will learn
Understand the foundations of the C# Programming language
Create applications that run in the console
Declare and manipulate variables
Write flow of control statements (loops & conditions)
Create methods for code reuse and readability
Organize your code into related classes
Almost 100 warm up exercises to practice language fundamentals
Section 1: Introduction
Section 2: Getting Started With Visual Studio
Section 3: Types and Variables
Section 4: Expressions and Operators
Section 5: Flow of Control Statements
Section 6: Classes and Methods
Section 7: Arrays
Section 8: Advanced Methods and Classes
Section 9: Final Words
Learning to code C#? We have provided HD video lectures, live coding sessions, and nearly 100 exercises to learn on!
- Basic Computer Skills (Typing, File Browsing)
WANT TO PROGRAM? START FAST — LEARN TO WRITE C# CODE
“If you want a good beginning C# course, this is the one for you!”
The content of the course is delivered in a very clear manner by a programming instructor who really seems to know his stuff. Additionally, the instructor actively answers student questions posted in the course discussions. If you want a good beginning C# course, THIS IS THE COURSE FOR YOU!!! — Jake Jones
Here’s the BEST COURSE CHOICE for raw beginners who want to learn computer programming.
This is the BEST COURSE CHOICE for raw beginners — anybody who wants to write a little code — or a lot of it! And it’s especially right for anyone who dreams of becoming a software programmer but hasn’t the faintest idea of how to begin.
Here’s great news: If you can type, install a program using a Wizard, and open the File Explorer, you’re ready to begin.
It’s true. If you have a computer (or access to one), have typing ability, and know how to browse files, YOU can learn to program one of today’s most popular and fastest-growing computer platforms, C#. Yes, you could learn C# online and become a successful software programmer with our C# course, “Programming for Complete Beginners in C#.”
What is C#...
First, say C# like this: “See Sharp,” just like the music note. When it comes to computer programming language, C# is the best place for a newbie to start. Why? Because it’s simple to learn, well supported and maintained, and extremely versatile.
...and WHY should I take this C# course?
You’re a newcomer to coding? Your job is to LEARN THE CODE and that’s what this online C# course is all about. You’ll learn C#’s programming language, its syntax, with clear instruction and detailed videos. And you’ll write code. Lots of code.
Learning the code is Job 1. That’s what this course will teach you. Later comes problem solving, and learning how to create and organize large-scale solutions that are reusable, testable, and of high quality. But all that’s later.
Want to program? You MUST learn to write code
The BEST way to become a highly proficient C# programmer is to write code — LOTS of code. And you’ll be writing, writing, and writing in this highly focused course. You’ll get limber with nearly 100 warm up exercises you’ll use to practice and increase your fluency in C# language fundamentals.
You’ll receive and own over 48 lectures, eight quizzes, and more than six and a half hours of focused content — complete instruction on how to understand the solid foundation of C# Programming language.
Get ready to dive right into the code because you’ll actually create real, live applications that run in the console. You’ll get in there and declare and manipulate variables. You’ll write “Flow of Control” statements we call “Loops and Conditions.”
On your path to becoming an expert programmer, will learn how to create methods for code reuse and readability. Cool! And you’ll keep it all nice an neat by learning to organize your code into related classes.
You’re about to learn the secrets of today’s most powerful and popular programming language
You’ll start your C# course with a full overview of C# — our “sales pitch” on why it’s today’s must-learn programming language. Then we’ll show you how to download and install Visual Studio Express.
You’ll start your first code-writing lesson by writing the classic “Hello World” to your screen. Pay attention because there’s a Quiz afterward! Having written it, you’ll then deconstruct your Hello World application so you can see the bits and pieces that form a C# application.
You’ll learn new lingo starting with “Types.” In C#, everything is a type — they define all interactions between objects, variables, and parameters. (Lost in the lingo already? Don’t worry about it. C# language is easy to learn and it’s all in our C# online course.)
You’ll watch a detailed, seven-minute demo videos so you can learn about reading data from the console. And then a 15-minute video demo demystifying “Comments and Format Settings.”
You’ll continue watching, learning, and being grilled on your knowledge. We’ll explain and demonstrate “Expressions and Operators.” And quiz you on them, too. Learn about “If Statements.” Discover “Live Coding” in our chapters, “Flip a Coin 1 and 2.” Then “Lucky Sevens.” Check it out!
You’ll learn about “For Loops,” “Conditional Statements & Loops, Classes & Methods and much, much, much, much more…you’ll learn all about C# in ten sections and 56 chapters in all.
Here’s why learning C# is the KEY BUILDING BLOCK of your programming foundation:
Here’s WHY almost 3,000 people just like you are learning C# through our online course…and why we recommend C# so highly for those who’re new to programming:
- Java is a programming language many adore but C# is even better. It offers those new to programming many, many advantages. It’s growing in popularity with programmers by leaps and bounds. That’s a trend we’ve seen for many years — C# is becoming more and more popular every year.
- Learning C# programming language makes it easier for you to understand other C-based programming languages. (Just like learning to speak Spanish helps you understand Italian.) And there are many, many very valuable C languages in the C family including C, Java, C++, Objective –C, and more.
- And how about job opportunities? In Cleveland, for example, 98% of C# programmers enjoy gainful employment in their field. C# programmers are in high demand! C# runs on multiple platforms. Windows? Linux? iPhones? Androids? You betcha.
- C# was created and is maintained by Microsoft so you know it gets plenty of support. This software giant is continually adding new and more potent C# features including new versions of C#’s Visual Studio. And the Visual Studio toolset is widely regarded as the #1, A+, five-star, gold-plated, best development environment on Planet Earth.
- C# runs on the .NET framework (say, “dot net”). It’s what pros call a “consistent object-oriented programming environment,” that’s rock-steady for creating web and desktop applications. In fact, no matter what kind of application you’ll build, you’ll find C# will make it steady and stable across all computer platforms.
- Apps? How many and what kind will you develop? No holds barred because C# handles apps for desktop, Windows Store, web apps, mobile apps, iPhone and Android apps, web and data services, and these are just for starters.
- C# makes it easy to deploy and version your code saving you countless sleepless nights. It has a built-in safety net – a “sandbox” – to help you avoid the horrors of the dreaded, dead-on-arrival, pull-the-plug “blue screen of death” when your program crashes the operating system beyond all hope.
Who this course is for:
- Complete Beginners
- No really, if you can type, install a program using a wizard, and open the file explorer you are good to go!