REST API Testing, Automation using POSTMAN
What you will learn
Capture Network Traffic by setting up Proxies
Learn how to do multi-part File Uploads
Perform data-driven testing (create 1000 students with a click of a button)
Learn how to send SOAP Requests using POSTMAN
Integrate POSTMAN with NEWMAN & JENKINS
Different types of Authentication (BASIC,OAUTH1.0,OAUTH2.0)
Scripting in POSTMAN
Section 1: Installing POSTMAN
Section 2: POSTMAN Features
Section 3: Collections & Environments in POSTMAN
Section 4: Environment & Global variables
Section 5: SOAP Requests using POSTMAN
Section 6: Multipart FileUpload using Postman
Section 7: Setting up Proxy in POSTMAN
Section 8: Using Authentication in POSTMAN
Section 9: Data Driven testing using Postman
Section 10: Scripts in POSTMAN
Section 11: Postman integration with NEWMAN
Section 12: Running POSTMAN Collections using JENKINS
Section 13: Final Exam (Walmart API)
Learn many features of the POSTMAN REST client for testing Restful API's, file uploads, data-driven testing & many more.
- Basic understanding of RESTful services
POSTMAN is a very popular tool used by software development teams in many companies. It is a very handy tool used by Developers when building RESTful web services, It is also used by many QA Engineers for testing, automating RESTful services.
It is the "SWISS ARMY KNIFE" of REST API Development, Testing. It provides many out of the box features for consuming Restful services.
In this course, you will learn many functionalities of the POSTMAN tool with practical examples. Below are some of the highlights of this course.
- Capture Network Traffic by setting up Proxies
- Organize requests using Collections
- Learn how to do multi-part File Uploads
- Learn how to send SOAP Requests using POSTMAN
- Perform data-driven testing (create 1000 students with a click of a button)
- Different types of Authentication (BASIC,OAUTH1.0,OAUTH2.0)
- Scripting in POSTMAN
- Integrate POSTMAN with NEWMAN
- Integrate POSTMAN with JENKINS to execute scheduled tests.
Whether you are developing API's or testing them, this course will provide you with all the examples needed to understand the Rich features provided by POSTMAN
Who this course is for:
- Developers, QA Engineers, SDET's, DevOps, IT Professionals