SOLID Principles: Introducing Software Architecture & Design
What you will learn
- Anyone can code, but quality code is hard to come by. Make yourself stand out by learning how to write quality code.
- Learn basic software architecture by applying SOLID principles.
- Apply SOLID principles in order to write quality code, as a software engineer.
- Well-crafted illustrations to help understand the basic concepts. Minimal bullet point slides.
- Learn what differentiates elegant and robust code from badly designed code.
- Get the concepts right using real world analogies.
- Live sessions where existing code is analyzed and design holes are picked.
- Hands-on sessions where existing code is re-designed and revamped after applying SOLID design principles.
Section 1: Introduction
Section 2: Single Responsibility Principle
Section 3: Open Closed Principle
Section 4: Liskov Substitution Principle
Section 5: Interface Segregation Principle
Section 6: Dependency Inversion Principle
Section 7: Course Summary
Gain mastery over SOLID Principles and write clean and well-designed code in Object Oriented Languages like Java etc.
- Beginner level knowledge in any object oriented programming language.
- Basic object oriented concepts like inheritance etc.
Anyone can code. But what differentiates a professional software engineer from a hobbyist coder is how well-designed and well-coded the final product is. Code quality is hard to come by. Unfortunately, most coders start straight without understanding basic concepts of software design. This course will help a budding coder, as well as an established programmer who wants to learn better design and write quality code.
It is really important that you grasp the core concepts of SOLID thoroughly. Once you get the fundamentals right, writing quality code will come naturally to you.There are tons of free YouTube videos on SOLID, but they try to teach you in bits and pieces, and don't pick the right analogies and code snippets. What you need is a holistic picture, which is what this course aims to provide. I have spent considerable time and effort to come up with the content for this course. Each and every concept, each and every analogy, each and every code example has been meticulously picked in such a way the design principles stick to your mind. I have used graphical illustrations and real world analogies wherever possible to drive home the point.
Something else that is special about this course - The subtitles are hand-scripted and accurate. I have even checked the timings to guarantee accuracy. Most courses come with subtitles that are auto-generated using a Speech-To-Text Engine, the accuracy of which is fairly low. But not mine! I have taken pains to script my course to perfection and include the subtitles too. So if you are at work, and you want to put me on mute, please feel free, although I would like you to hear my voice narration. If you want to put me on mute, just enable the subtitles in Udemy and play!
Who this course is for:
- Programmers who want to write quality code.
- Developers who want to create well-designed software.
- Wannabe software architects.
+ See more