The Complete Python/PostgreSQL Course 2.0
What you will learn
What you'll learn
- How to leverage the power of databases (in-memory, SQLite, and PostgreSQL) to upgrade your Python applications
- Prevent common pitfalls: avoid SQL injection attacks, store database credentials securely, and optimize the performance of your applications
- Understand how databases work and how to take advantage of their features from the ground up, by building multiple projects
- This is a no-nonsense, no-frills course on fully mastering PostgreSQL and how to use it effective within and outside of your Python apps
- Learn how to work with dates and times effectively in Python applications
- Produce engaging charts, graphs, and reports using database data
Section 1: Introduction
Section 2: A Full Python Refresher
Section 3: Build a Programming Journal with Python & SQL
Section 4: A Movie Watchlist App with Python & SQL
Section 5: Introduction to PostgreSQL: Migrating our App
Section 6: Building a Poll App & Advanced SQL
Section 7: Working with dates and times
Section 8: Python and Advanced PostgreSQL with psycopg2
Section 9: Charting data from our tables using matplotlib
Take the next step in your Python development by leveraging the power of PostgreSQL and databases!
- Foundational Python knowledge is required (a Python refresher is provided), as the course focuses on using PostgreSQL with Python
- A Python editor or IDE, such as Visual Studio Code or PyCharm
- You don't need to install anything more for this course, everything we do is on the cloud (although guidance to do it locally is also provided)
Master PostgreSQL and use it in your Python apps with this course!
Python and PostgreSQL are two of the most in-demand skills in the world. After completing this course, you'll be confident in adding both to your resume/CV.
In addition, all the database knowledge you'll gain in this course is easily transferable to other databases such as MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Amazon Redshift, Oracle, and others!
The focus of this course is on fully understanding PostgreSQL, and effectively integrating it with your Python applications. If you're a Python developer or you use Python at all, you're going to love this course!
- Add data storage to your Python apps with in-memory databases, SQLite, and PostgreSQL.
- Understand when and why you might want to use different types of databases in your applications.
- Build a programming journal project to learn how to add a SQLite database to your application.
- Create a movie watch-list app to explore how to improve your database design over time, as well as how to model different types of relationships.
- Migrate the movie watch-list app to PostgreSQL to identify the differences between PostgreSQL and SQLite.
- Build a polling app to learn about advanced data analysis with GROUP BY, PostgreSQL window functions, and nested queries.
- Extend the polling app to work with dates and times, including how to avoid common timezone pitfalls.
- Learn how to structure Python apps professionally, to make development easy when working with databases.
- Explore advanced SQL and PostgreSQL concepts such as user-defined functions, stored procedures, locking, and async database connections with Python.
- Take all your knowledge and apply it to produce data analysis reports and charts using matplotlib.
As you can see, there's a lot to do!
But this course is a no-nonsense, no-frills course. Every lecture has been planned, crafted, and edited to be perfectly concise and to the point. That way, you can take the most from this course, quickly and easily.
Throughout the course, we have animated diagrams to explain database concepts, as well as code-along videos when we're working with Python. But you won't just be watching me code! I've carefully planned and mapped out every project and feature we add, and I encourage you to try them on your own first, before following along with me!
Also, throughout the course I provide data sets with challenges and exercises for you to practice what you've learned.
I've been teaching and helping students online for over 7 years, and this course is the culmination of my teaching experience. I know how to help you understand concepts fully and quickly, in the best way for you.
Upon completing this course you'll be able to easily extend your Python applications with database functionality. You'll know how to answer questions using data, and you'll definitely be able to list PostgreSQL as one of your strongest skills.
I'll see you on the inside!
Check out the free preview videos for more information and to try out the course!
Who this course is for:
- Beginner Python developers who want to take the next step in upgrading their applications by leveraging the power of databases.
- Any Python developer who is not familiar with databases and wants to fully understand their choices before using one in their applications
- Business analysis and data scientists who want to create larger applications or interact with larger data sets through a database
Show moreShow less