The Modern React Bootcamp (Hooks, Context, NextJS, Router) [UPDATED]
What you will learn
- React Hooks! (My favorite part of React!)
- The new Context API
- State management w/ useReducer + use Context (Redux Lite)
- The basics of React (props, state, etc)
- Master React Router
- Build tons of projects, each with a beautiful interface
- React State Management Patterns
- Drag & Drop With React
- Writing dynamically styled components w/ JSS
- Common React Router Patterns
- Work with tons of libraries and tools
- Integrate UI libraries like Material UI and Bootstrap into your React apps
- React Design Patterns and Strategies
- Learn the ins and outs of JSS!
- Learn how to easily use React to build responsive apps
- Add complex animations to ReactJS projects
- Debug and Fix buggy React code
- Optimize React components
- Integrate React with APIs
- Learn the basics of Webpack in a free mini-course!
- DOM events in React
- Forms and complex validations in React
- Using Context API w/ Hooks
Section 1: A Taste of React
Section 2: Introducing JSX
Section 3: Props and More
Section 4: Introducing Create React App
Section 5: Pokedex Project
Section 6: Introducing State
Section 7: React State Dice Exercise
Section 8: React State Patterns
Section 9: State Exercises!
Section 10: The World of React Events
Section 11: Hangman Exercise
Section 12: Lights Out Game
Section 13: Forms in React
Section 14: Forms Exercise
Section 15: Todo List Project
Section 16: Building Yahtzee
Section 17: React Lifecycle Methods
Section 18: LifeCycle Methods & API Exercise
Section 19: Building the Dad Jokes App
Section 20: React Router:
Section 21: Vending Machine Exercise
Section 22: React Router Patterns
Section 23: Router Exercises Part 2
Section 24: The Massive Color Project Pt 1
Section 25: The Massive Color Project Pt 2
Section 26: JSS & withStyles (Color App)
Section 27: The Massive Color Project Pt 3
Section 28: The Massive Color Project Pt 4
Section 29: The Massive Color Project Pt 5
Section 30: The Massive Color Project Pt 6
Section 31: The Massive Color Project Pt 7
Section 32: Introducing React Hooks
Section 33: React Hooks Project
Section 34: Introducing The Context API!
Section 35: Using Context with Hooks
Section 36: State Management w/ useReducer & useContext
Section 37: Next JS
Section 38: Next: Fetching & Server API
Section 39: Bonus: Webpack Mini Course - Your Own Simple Version of Create React App
Just published! Follow the same curriculum I teach my students in SF. 10+ projects including one HUGE application!
EXPANDED and UPDATED on June 2019 to include new sections on Next JS and Server-Side Rendering!
Welcome to the best online resource for learning React! Published in April 2019, this course is brand newand covers the latest in React. This course follows the exact same React curriculum my in-person bootcamp students follow in San Francisco, where students have gone on to get jobs at places like Google, Apple, Pinterest, & Linkedin. This is the most polished React course online, and it's the only course that is based on REAL bootcamp curriculum that has been tried and tested in the classroom.
This course builds up concepts one at a time, cementing each new topic with an expertly designed exercise or project to test your knowledge. It includes a huge variety of beautiful exercises, projects, and games that we create together from scratch. Sometimes we mix things up and give you a broken React app and ask you to fix it or optimize the code. Check out the promo video to see a couple of the course exercises. The course culminates in one huge capstone project, which is the largest project I've ever built for any of my online courses. I'm really excited about it :)
If you're new to frameworks, React is the ideal first framework to learn. It's easy enough to learn the basics, but it doesn't teach you bad habits. Even if you've already enrolled in another React course, this course is worth your time for the exercises and projects alone! This curriculum is the product of two years of development and iteration in the bootcamp classroom. All the lectures, exercises, and projects have been tweaked and improved based on real student feedback. You won't find anything else online as structured and polished as this course.
- Learn React, from the very basics up to advanced topics like Next JS, React Router, Higher Order Components and Hooks and the Context API.
- Build one massive capstone application, complete with drag & drop, animations, route transitions, complex form validations, and more.
- Learn the latest in React, including Hooks (my favorite part of React!). We build a complete app using Hooks, including multiple custom hooks.
- Learn state management using the useContext and useReducer hooks, to mimic some of the functionality of Redux.
- You get tons of detailed handouts and cheatsheets that you can refer back to whenever you need to. Think of this as a React textbook you can study at any point if you get tired of videos.
What you get:
- 250+ videos
- Slick, interactive slide decks custom made for each section
- Detailed handouts and cheatsheets, the React "textbook".
- Dozens of exercises, projects, and quizzes.
- One massive code-along project with nearly 20 different React components.
- Free Webpack Mini-Course!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone brand new to React or front-end frameworks in general
- Anyone who wants to build a portfolio of stunning React apps
- Students struggling to learn React or looking for more practice
- Anyone who wants to level up their developer skills and learn a highly in-demand skill!